Kalina Miteva (violin)
Kalina Miteva was born in 1990 in Sofia, Bulgaria. She started playing the violin at the age of six. In 2009 she finished ”Lyubomir Pipkov” National Music School in Sofia under the tutelage of Prof. Elisaveta Kazakova. Between 1998 and 2002 she took violin lessons with Prof. Muhammedjan Turdiev from Bilkent University in Ankara, Turkey. In 2009 she enrolled at ”Pancho Vladiguerov” National Music Academy, where she has been working under the guidance of Prof. Elisaveta Kazakova. Kalina is currently finishing her Doctor of musical arts degree at the National Music Academy in Sofia.
She has attended master classes of violinists such as Gil Shaham, Mincho Minchev, Angel Stankov, Vilmos Szabadi, Gordan Nikolitc, Beverly Lunt and others. Since 2010 Kalina is the violinist of Chamber Ensemble ”Silhouettes”, which is part of the European Chamber Music Academy (ECMA). Together with her colleagues, Kalina has performed many successful concerts in Germany, France, Italy, Denmark, and Norway and has made recordings for the Bulgarian National Radio. As part of the ECMA Academy, the ensemble has attended many master classes with professors Hatto Beyerle (Alban Berg Quartett), Johannes Meissl (Artis Quartett), Patrick Jüdt and others.
- 2010 - ”Svetoslav Obretenov” National Competition – First Prize and Gold Medal;
- 2010 – American Music Academy in Fontainebleau in France - ”Casadesus” Prize;
- 2010 – International Contest in Austrian Instrumental Chamber Music - Second Prize and ”Anton Webern” Special Prize;
- 2010 - ”Music and Earth” International Competition – First Prize for chamber music;
- 2009 - International Competition in Nis, Serbia – Grand Prix;
- 2005 - ”Prof. Nedyalka Simeonova” International Violin Competition – Third Prize;
- 2004 - ”Pancho Vladiguerov” National Violin Competition – Third Prize;
- 2004 - ”Dobrin Petkov” National Violin Competition – Second Prize and the Union of the Bulgarian Composers Award for Best Performance of a Work by a Bulgarian Composer
Kalina has been a soloist of Sofia Philharmonic Orchestra, Sofia Youth Philharmonic Orchestra, Sofia Sinfonietta Orchestra, the Academic Symphony Orchestra of the National Music Academy, Vidin Philharmonic Orchestra, Varna Opera Orchestra, Shoumen Orchestra, Pazardjik Orchestra and the Student’s Orchestra of the National Music Academy “Pancho Vladigerov”.